Thursday, May 21, 2009

I'm on a roll!!

Tuesday was not a good day as I spend the day in Logansport with my mom, uncle and aunt. They go every year and plant flowers at the graves of their parents, brother and grandparents. In addition to that, it's a day filled with eating. Happy Burger, the root beer stand and custard. So Tuesday was not a good day, although I did not have anything at the root beer stand.

I'm really enjoying exercising on my own. Well, not enjoying exactly, but I certainly do prefer it. And it's nothing against Dana, except for the fact that he's in a good mood even at 4:30 in the morning. I even did Ab Ripper today!! I am determined to lose this belly fat.

And I've done way better on my eating. Even though I worked my ass off the last round, I'm being much more mindful of my eating this round. I know, I'm only 4 days in, but you have to get disciplined from the start or it just doesn't work. They also say it's good to keep a food journal, so I'm going to start journaling here on occasion.

Today I've had:
  • 1 egg, dry toast and a few cherry tomatoes
  • Nutri-grain bar
  • 1/2 fillet of talapia (broiled with lemon), long grain and wild rice and green beans
  • 3-4 cups water

The rest of the day I have planned:

  • banana and cottage cheese (although not together, one then the other)
  • grilled chicken, pasta and vegetable (not sure what the veggie will be)
  • snack in the evening

Actually, I think that snack in the evening needs to be cut back on or eliminated. I always tell myself that I'm hungry and eat it anyway.

I've realized in these few short days that I'm really not as hungry and I always claimed to be. Yesterday I didn't think I was going to make it through the afternoon, but held out and drank some water. Guess what!? My hunger went away, even though my co-worker made popcorn!

I also declined to go out to the warehouse today for an hourly employee's last day. He's retiring so they had cake. (WEAKNESS!!!) I decided that it would be best if I didn't go. I probably should have since I'm in HR, but I know I would have convinced myself that one tiny little piece of cake wouldn't hurt. I know that I have to stay disciplined these first few weeks and then it will be easier to say "No" to cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment