Monday, April 6, 2009

End of 12 weeks

Dana and I have come to the end of our 12-week journey. I was so excited when we started that I thought I would be posting some fabulous pics of myself in my bikini by this time. But, alas, weight loss has not been quite so attainable as it was a few years ago.

I have lost a grand total of 7 pounds. That's right!! Seven whole pounds!I had fully expected to have lost 15-20 pounds by Cassidy's birthday, which was last week. Very depressing.

So, I suppose I better re-think our strategy and gear up for the next 12 weeks. In 12 weeks, I have my 20-year class reunion. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm OK with the way I look and certainly wouldn't be embarassed to show up at my reunion. But that's just it. "I'm OK with the way I look." I don't want to keep telling myself that I look pretty good for a 38-year-old mother of 2. I'd prefer to look like an awesome for a 38-year-old mother of 2. I know, I've completely lost my mind.

I had a few things happen this weekend (don't even ask) that really depressed me and I'm determined to get some of this weight off. I'm also determined to wear a bikini on my vacation this year.

Wish me luck!

. . .positive attitude. . . positive attitude. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment